Chilean Student Visa 101 - NYC edition

Sunday, January 31, 2016


My flight to Santiago is just 17 days away and I haven’t even thought about packing. But I did check one thing off my list recently: a Chilean Student Visa. The website for the Consulate General of Chile in New York was confusing, to say the least, with little instruction. After stressing over all the needed documents, I thought I’d share my “Student Visa Application for Dummies." I'm an avid list-maker so this will be the first of many on my blog.

After all the paperwork, a delayed subway, sprinting through the city, and two hours of waiting & fingerprinting, my passport was finally stamped with my Visa! Now I won’t be kicked out of Chile after 90 days & the reality of leaving is definitely setting in. I’m excited, but also stressed from all that I still have to do. Next thing on my to-do list: packing...



You Might Also Like

0 comments